Request a ride
In the Google Maps app, you can compare ride services with other ways of getting to your destination, like public transit or walking.
- You can no longer book Uber rides directly in Google Maps. But you can still look up the route in the Maps app and then request the ride from the Uber app.
- This feature isn’t available in all regions and languages.
- This feature shows info made available by the ride-service providers. If you have a question or complaint about one of these providers, contact them directly.
Step 1: See available rides
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app . Make sure you sign in to your Google Account.
- Search for your destination or tap it on the map.
- In the bottom left, tap Directions .
- At the top, tap Rides .
- Choose the service you want to use. You’ll be taken to the provider’s app.
- If you don’t have their app installed, you’ll be taken to the Play Store to download the app.
Information about rides
Here’s a list of ride-service providers that you might see, depending on your country or region.
- Chauffeur Prive
- Meru Cabs
- Ola Cabs
We don't share any information with the ride-service provider until you have tapped on a result. Here’s what is shared:
- Maps shares your pickup location and destination. Your current location and the names you made for places, like "Home" and "Work," aren’t shared.
- Ride-service providers share information like estimates for cost and wait times.
When you look for a ride, Google Maps will provide you with an estimated cost. The final price for the ride will be determined by the ride-service provider, not Google. For more information, contact the ride-service provider.