Important: This feature isn't available in all countries or regions and languages.
In the Google Maps app, you can compare ride services and their prices with other ways of getting to your destination, like public transit or walking.
Find a ride
Information that ride-service providers make available are shown on Maps. If you have a question or complaint about one of these providers, please contact them directly.
Important: Dockless vehicles and docked bikeshares aren't available in all cities.
- On your mobile phone or device, open the Google Maps app . Make sure you're signed in to your Google Account.
- Search for your destination or tap it on the map.
- For a rideshare, make sure you select both your starting point and destination.
- At the bottom left, tap Directions .
- At the top, tap Rides . A list of services, prices, and times appears.
- To check the price for a ride: Select a ride-service provider.
- To search for dockless vehicles near you: Tap Transit or Cycling .
- To search for docked bikeshares near you: Tap Cycling .
- Choose the service you want to use.
- If you have the service’s app on your device: the app will open.
- If you don’t have the service’s app: the App Store will open to download it.
- To finish your ride request, follow the instructions in the provider’s app.
Information about ridesRequest a bike or scooter
If your city supports dockless vehicles, or docked bikeshares, you can find them in your Google Maps app.
- Open your Google Maps app .
- Available bikes and scooters near you appear in your Transit options. Maps shows you:
- The closest dockless vehicle to you, including the vehicle’s type and pricing, or the closest bike station to you along your route, including how many bikes or docks are available.
- How long it will take to reach both the vehicle and your destination or turn-by-turn cycling navigation from dock to dock.
- Select a transit option:
- To select a dockless vehicle, tap the dockless vehicle option to open the dockless app, then follow the instructions.
- To select a docked bike, tap the docked bikeshare option from your Cycling options to open the bikeshare program's app, then follow the instructions.
For your pickup location and destination, Google Maps shares it. The names you made for saved places, like "Home" and "Work," aren’t shared. Your current location is only shared if that’s also your pickup location or destination.
We don't share any information with ride-service providers until you tap on a result in your area. Here’s what information is shared:
- Your pickup location and destination is shared through Maps. Your current location and the names you made for places, like "Home" and "Work," aren’t shared.
- Ride-service providers share information like estimates for cost and wait times.
Who can find your information
Only your navigation info with the ride service companies you’re comparing is shared through Google Maps. The list of ride-service providers depends on your country or region. The companies Google can send data to include:
- Blablacar Daily
- Chauffeur Prive
- HK Taxi
- Meru Cabs
- Ola Cabs
- Waze Carpool