Add a missing place to the map
You can add public places and businesses, like a store or restaurant, to the map.
To add a missing place, follow the steps below.
Search for an address
- Open Google Maps.
- Search for an address.
- Click Add a missing place.
- Name, location, and category of the place are required. Other attributes aren't required, but might help to speed up the review process.
- To quickly find your home on the map, set your home address.
- If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you can't add a missing place to Google Maps.
How long it takes for places to be added to Maps
We review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.
Add information about your businessTo update your business information on Google Maps:
If you own a business, use Google My Business to manage your listing’s information for free. You'll be able to quickly manage details like your business hours, address, and photos.
To update your business information on Google Maps:
- Claim and verify your business using your computer
- Claim and verify your business using your phone or tablet
After you claim and verify your business, you'll be able to update your business information.
Send us other types of feedback
Let us know about other issues by clicking an option below.