Add a widget to your Home screen to easily get information using the Google Maps app. You can also save your important places as shortcuts to quickly look up directions.
Add a shortcut to get directions
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to the widget section.
- Find the "Directions" widget under "Maps" .
- Touch and hold the widget and drop it on your Home screen.
- At the top, choose a type of transport, like driving, transit, or walking.
- Enter a destination and shortcut name.
- Check any boxes that match your preferences. For example, you can check a box to always avoid tolls for driving routes.
- Tap Save. When you tap the widget on your Home screen, Google Maps will navigate to your saved destination.
Quickly get directions to home or work
This feature is available for phones running Android 7.1 and up. If you’re running another Android version, you can add a widget by following the instructions in the section above.
- On your Home screen, touch and hold the Google Maps app .
- Tap Home or Work.