Turn Google Maps notifications on or off
You can turn on notifications in the Google Maps app and see things that interest you, like train schedules or traffic on routes you travel often.
You can see notifications on your computer if you:
- Sign in to Google Maps
- Turn on a Google Maps notification
- Use Chrome and turn on notifications
Turn notifications on
- Open Google Maps.
- In the top left, click the Menu .
- Choose Notifications.
- Next to the notification you want to turn on, turn on the switch. To turn off a notification, turn off the switch.
- If you’re prompted to show notifications, click Allow. If you click Block, learn how to turn notifications on in Chrome.
Notifications you might see
If you’re a local guide, you can get notifications to add reviews or photos you’ve taken in public places that Google thinks are interesting to other people, like restaurants and bars.
You might also get a notification when you can be the first to add a review or photo.
Guidelines for reviews and photos
Before posting a review or photo, make sure that it follows Google's user content policy. Your photos should also meet these guidelines:
- Be in focus and not blurry
- Show what most people experience, like the food or the ambience
- Not be a selfie or a group photo