Turn Google Maps notifications on or off
You can turn on notifications in the Google Maps app and see things that interest you, like train schedules or traffic on routes you travel often.
You can see notifications on your computer if you:
- Sign in to Google Maps
- Turn on a Google Maps notification
- Use Chrome and turn on notifications
Turn on notifications
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- In the top left, click Menu .
- Choose Notifications.
- Turn on any notifications you want to see.
- If you’re asked to show notifications, click Allow. If you click Block, learn how to turn on notifications in Chrome.
Notifications you’ll see
If you’re a local guide, get notifications to add reviews or photos of public places that Google thinks are interesting to people, like restaurants and bars.
You might also get a notification when you can be the first to add a review or photo. We do not guarantee you'll get a notification that prompts you to add a review or photo after an interaction with every business.
Guidelines for reviews and photos
Before posting a review or photo, make sure that it follows Google's user content policy. Your photos should also:
- Be in focus and not blurry
- Show what most people experience, like the food or the ambience
- Not be a selfie or a group photo
To get to an event or dinner reservation on time, set a trip reminder.
- Make an event in Google Calendar and include a location.
- When it’s time to leave, you’ll see a reminder on the top right of your computer screen, plus directions on how to get there.