To check things that interest you, like train schedules or traffic on routes you travel often, turn on notifications in the Google Maps app.
To turn settings on or off:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap Notifications Google Maps .
- Turn on Allow Notifications.
To turn on a notification, like when to leave for an event, follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap your profile picture or initial Settings Notifications.
- Turn on a notification: Next to the notification, turn on the switch.
- Turn off a notification: Next to the notification, turn off the switch.
Notifications you might find
Prompts to add photos of places that you've visited
Before posting a photo, make sure that it follows Google's user content policy.Learn more about guidelines for posting photos on Maps.
Tip: To get these notifications, enable the permission for Google to check for photos. Google only gets the location data from the photo's metadata.