Use Smart Compose
You can let Gmail help you write emails faster. The Smart Compose feature is powered by machine learning and will offer suggestions as you type.
To accept a suggestion, press Tab.
Turn Smart Compose on or off
By default, Gmail will offer suggestions automatically. To stop seeing these suggestions, open Gmail on a desktop:
In the top right corner, click Settings Settings.
Under “General”, scroll down to Smart Compose.
- To turn on predictions, click to choose Writing suggestions on. To turn off predictions, click to choose Writing suggestions off.
Note: Smart Compose is available in English. Smart Compose is not designed to provide answers and may not always predict factually correct information.
You can send feedback after you use Smart Compose. We can’t respond to all feedback, but it can help us improve.
To send us feedback, follow these steps:
- Compose a new email.
- In the bottom right corner, click More .
- Click Smart Compose Feedback.
- From the list, select the Smart Compose suggestion you want to give feedback on.
- Select the issue that best describes your feedback.
Note: If you choose “Other,” write your own description of the issue.
- Click Submit.
About machine learning
As language understanding models use billions of common phrases and sentences to automatically learn about the world, they can also reflect human cognitive biases. Being aware of this is a good start, and the conversation around how to handle it is ongoing. Google is committed to making products that work well for everyone, and are actively researching unintended bias and mitigation strategies.