Change your username
You can change the name that's linked to your email address, but you can't change your email address.
Change your name
You can change the name that shows up when you send emails. For example, you could change from "Sports Fan" at firstname.lastname@example.org to "Bob" at email@example.com.
- On your computer, open Gmail. You can't change your username from the Gmail app.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the "Send mail as" section, click edit info.
- Add the name you want to show when you send messages.
- At the bottom, click Save Changes.
Remove dots from my email address
If you have a dot in your email address, you don't need to change anything. You'll get any emails people send to your address even if they don't include the dots.
Messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com will go to the same place. Learn more about getting someone else's mail.
Change your email address
If you want to change your email address, sign up for a new address. After you sign up for a new address, you can transfer emails and contacts from your old address to the new one.
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.