Change your username
You can change the name that's linked to your email address, but not the email address itself.Old:
- Open Gmail on a computer.
- At the top right, click the gear .
- Select Settings.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- In the “Send mail as:” section, locate the email address you'd like to edit.
- Click edit info next to the address.
- In the “Name:” section, specify what you’d like your name to be and click Save changes.
Add or remove dots from username
If you'd like to add or delete dots (.) from your username, you don't have to change a thing. If your username is "firstname.lastname@example.org," messages sent to "email@example.com" and "firstname.lastname@example.org" will be delivered to your inbox. Learn more about dots.
Change email address
If you want to change your email address, you’ll need to sign up for a new address.
After signing up for a new address, you can transfer emails and contacts from your old address to the new one.Transfer messages
Vivian is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.