If you don't want your Gmail address and emails anymore, you can remove them from your Google Account. Deleting them won't delete your entire Google Account.
What happens when you delete your Gmail service
- Your emails and mail settings will be deleted.
- You can no longer use your Gmail address to send or receive email. If you change your mind, you may be able to get your Gmail address back.
- Your Gmail address can’t be used by anyone else in the future.
- Your Google Account won’t be deleted; only your Gmail service will be removed. You’ll still have your activity and purchases you made on Google Play.
- Before deleting your Gmail service, download your data.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Manage your Google Account. If you don't use Gmail, go to myaccount.google.com.
- At the top, tap Data & privacy.
- Scroll to "Data from apps and services you use."
- Under "Download or delete your data," tap Delete a Google service. You may need to sign in.
- Next to "Gmail," tap Delete .
- Enter an existing email address you want to sign in with and tap Send verification email. This email can't be a Gmail address.
- To verify your existing email address, you get an email at the existing email address. Until you verify the new email address, your Gmail address won't be deleted.
If you change your mind, you may be able to get your Gmail address back. If it’s been awhile since you removed your Gmail service, you might not be able to get your emails back.
- Go to Gmail.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
Learn how to delete your Google Account. This action will delete your entire Google account, not just your Gmail service.