Open & download attachments in Gmail
When you get an email with attachments, you can download a copy of the attachment to your device.
Some photos are sent inside an email message, and not as attachments.
Here are a few ways to save photos from inside emails:
- Download: Right-click the photo and choose the option to save the photo.
- Save to Drive: Download the photo to your computer and then upload to Google Drive.
Include attachments when replying or forwarding
Attachments are included when you forward a message, but aren’t automatically included when you reply to a message.
To include the original attachments when replying:
- At the bottom of the reply box, click the Down arrow .
- Click Include original attachments.
To remove original attachments when replying, go to the right of the attachment, then click .
If attachments won't upload or download, try these steps in order:
- Check that you're using a supported browser.
- Try turning off extensions you have on your browser one at a time.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Try opening Gmail with labs disabled at this page https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?labs=0. If this fixes the problem, try enabling labs one at a time.
Michelle is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.