Check emails from other accounts
If you have multiple email accounts, you can check them in Gmail. You can choose from the following options:
- Get all messages (old and new): Choose this option if you still use another email address, including another Gmail address. There might be a short delay in showing new messages.
- Get only old messages: Choose this option if you recently switched to Gmail from another provider.
- Forward only new messages: Choose this if you want your new messages immediately.
Note: You can't check non-Gmail accounts on your iPhone or iPad.
To sign in, add your Gmail account
When you add an account to the Gmail app, you can sign in to the app using that account. You can also add multiple accounts to the app, so you can sign into another Gmail account.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- Tap your account address.
- Tap Manage accounts Add account.
- Enter your Gmail username and password.
- After your account is added, you'll be signed in to Gmail any time you open the Gmail app.
Michelle is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.