All provider listings in the Local Services Ad unit are displayed and ranked based on a number of factors. When determining which service providers to show in response to a user’s query, Google estimates the expected rate of customers contacting your business. Factors included in this calculation include:
- Your verification status and whether you obtained a Google badge of trust (Screened (U.S. only) or Guaranteed) or not
- The amount you're willing to pay per lead — Learn more about how bidding works
- The context of the person’s search — We look at the search terms the person has entered, the time of the search, and other user signals and attributes
- Your review score and the number of reviews you receive
- Your responsiveness to customer inquiries and requests — Missed calls and unanswered message leads will negatively affect your responsiveness
- Your proximity to potential customers' locations
- Your business hours — Currently open businesses typically rank higher than those that are closed
- Whether or not we’ve received serious or repeated complaints about your business
In addition to these ranking factors, Google will attempt to spread out the leads you receive over time. This is to prevent you from spending your entire budget early in the budget period. If your ad is generating leads more quickly than your budget can accommodate, you may see your ranking affected or your ad paused temporarily in order to more evenly spread out your leads.
To change or increase your bid or budget:
- Tap the menu on the top left.
- Select “Profile & budget” from the menu.
- Click the pencil icon on the Budget card.
- Enter new information.
- Click Save.