Local Services by Google Terms of Service
- Provider credentials and screening. Local Services may label a provider as licensed, credentialed, or screened (including by referencing third-party credentials). Providers labeled as “Guaranteed,” or that appear within a collection of providers labeled “Sponsored,” “Ads,” or similar designation, are participating in Local Services ads <http://google.com/homeserviceads> and may have compensated Google as part of their participation. These labels are not warranties, and regardless of label, you should evaluate a provider on your own to decide whether to hire, since Google can't confirm that a provider or their services are suitable for your needs. We offer information regarding providers (including whether or not they’ve been screened) only to assist your evaluation. Please use your best judgment when selecting providers and interacting with them.
- Prices and taxes. Service prices may vary by provider. All prices and related fees are set by each provider, not Google, and the provider is solely responsible for collecting any applicable taxes. If you have questions about a price or applicable tax, please contact the provider.
- Service quality; Google Guarantee. You agree that the provider, and not Google, is responsible for all claims made by you in connection with your use of Local Services (including your receipt of services). Additionally, Google and its affiliates are not liable to you for any damage, loss, or other liabilities you may incur in connection with your use of Local Services and a provider’s provision of services. We don’t offer refunds for services that you order, but we do offer a Google Guarantee for certain services booked through Local Services. You can find the Google Guarantee policy at google.com/homeservices/guarantee. The Google Guarantee is not a product warranty or endorsement, nor is it a form of insurance. All decisions related to your eligibility and ability to collect payments related to the Google Guarantee are made in Google’s sole discretion. By booking a service through Local Services you acknowledge and understand that attempting to collect a cash refund for a credit card purchase or initiating a fraudulent chargeback is prohibited by law and you hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Google, the provider, and each of its affiliates from any claims, losses, or liabilities arising from or in connection with your violation of the Google Guarantee program. To be eligible for the Google Guarantee, in addition to the other conditions contained in the Terms:
- You must be over the age of 18.
- You must be legally capable of agreeing to the Terms and entering into a legally binding agreement.
- You may not have a commercial, familial, or other relationship with the applicable provider from whom you are ordering.
- You may not have exceeded your lifetime limits as described in the Terms.
- You are not otherwise prohibited from participating in Local Services.
- Communications. By providing any mobile or other telephone number to Google in connection with Local Services, you (i) represent and warrant that you are the subscriber of record for such telephone number or you have been duly authorized by the subscriber of record to use and grant others permission to contact such telephone number, and (ii) expressly authorize Google and its representatives to call and send text messages (e.g., SMS or MMS messages) to such telephone number for purposes of Local Services. By providing any email address to Google or its partners in connection with Local Services, you represent and warrant that you are the owner of such email address or you have been duly authorized by the owner to use and grant others permission to contact such email address. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, Google will not rely on the permission granted by this section to initiate text messages or emails for advertising purposes. You acknowledge and agree that Google and its partners may monitor and/or record any telephone calls or live chat messages between you and the provider made through Local Services. Nothing in this section will affect any consent to receive advertising-related calls or text messages that you may grant to Google outside of this section. Standard message and data rates may apply to your receipt of Google text messages.
- Liability. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Terms, you agree to release Google, its affiliates, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and contractors, from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) arising out of or in any way connected with a dispute between You and any provider, provided that such release does not relieve Google of its obligations under the Google Guarantee as expressly set forth these Local Services Terms. You agree that you will not involve Google or any of its affiliates in any litigation or other dispute arising out of or related to any transaction, agreement, or arrangement with any provider, other customer, advertiser, or other third party in connection with Local Services. If you attempt to do so, (i) you will pay all costs and attorneys’ fees of Google and any of their affiliates and will provide indemnification as set forth below, and (ii) the jurisdiction for any such litigation or dispute will be limited as set forth in the Google Terms of Service.
- Changes to the Local Services Terms. Google may add to, delete from, or modify the Local Services Terms at any time. You should check the Local Services Terms regularly at google.com/homeservices/terms. Changes to the Local Services Terms will not apply retroactively, and will become effective 7 days after posting. If any change to the Local Services Terms is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining changes or conditions. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF LOCAL SERVICES AFTER WE CHANGE THE LOCAL SERVICES TERMS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?