Benefits of Local Services Ads
- Be found at the top of Google.
- Connect with potential customers who are searching for services you provide and are most likely to book.
- Make use of simple tools to help you get started and create a personalized profile.
- Use the mobile app to communicate with customers at any time (English only).
- Build trust with the Google Guarantee or Google Screened .
- Pay only for leads related to your business and the services you offer.
- Customers choose you: You only hear from customers who have specifically selected your profile out of all the rest.
How Local Services Ads work
The Local Services unit is shown at the top of Google Search results when people search for the services you offer in areas you've chosen. Potential customers can click or tap on your ad to either call you or send you a message request (US only). They can also schedule a booking with you directly through your ad. Learn more about booking leads (US only).
When a customer reaches out, you'll get an email and notification from the Local Services Ads app. From this point on, the lead is yours to turn into a customer.
To ensure you continue to receive messages, respond to as many of them as you can (even if you decline to provide the requested service). If you regularly fail to answer calls or respond to messages, your ad ranking may be affected.
Google Screened Ads
Google Screened helps professional service firms build a trusted reputation online. Businesses with this badge go through extensive background and license checks.
On Local Services listings, you will find the Google Screened icon next to these businesses. Learn more about Google Screened
Google Guaranteed Ads
Google Guarantee helps home service providers build a trusted reputation online. Providers with this badge go through extensive background and license checks.
On Local Services listings, you will find the Google Guarantee badge next to these providers. Learn more about the Google Guarantee
License Verified by Google Ads
The License Verified by Google badge helps users understand health care practices’ and providers’ qualifications and licensing. Providers and businesses with this badge go through extensive background and license checks.
On Local Services listings, you will find the License Verified by Google icon next to these providers or businesses. Learn more about License Verified by Google
We’re also offering a way for providers who have passed preliminary checks to begin getting leads from Local Services Ads while they’re completing the remaining Required Onboarding checks (all Onboarding Requirements are needed to go live with the Google Guarantee or Screened badges).
Requirements to go live with Pre-Badge Ads
- License (or business registration if we do not require you to submit your license)
- Accepting that you have the appropriate licenses to do business
- Reviews (subject to category requirements)
- Completed your billing and set your budget
With Pre-Badge Ads, the provider’s Local Services listing will appear in consumer search results, but be placed under all providers who have completed all onboarding requirements and have obtained the Google Badge.
At this time, Local Services Ads are available only for certain service categories.
To check if Local Services Ads are available in your area, check your business eligibility.
- Appliance repair services
- Carpet cleaning services
- Cleaning services
- Countertop services
- Fencing services
- Flooring services
- Foundations services
- Garage door services
- General contractor services
- Home inspection services
- HVAC (heating or air conditioning)
- Junk removal services
- Landscaping services
- Lawn care services
- Moving services
- Pest control services
- Pool cleaning services
- Pool contracting services
- Siding services
- Snow removal services
- Tree services
- Water damage services
- Window cleaning services
- Window repair services
Accessing your Local Services Ads accountYou can access your Local Services Ads account anytime online and through the app (Android, iOS). Using these tools, you can:
- Receive and manage leads
- Communicate with customers about their requests and record notes
- Track your leads
- View reports about your ad's performance
- Pause your ad if you’re too busy to accept new leads
- Adjust your budget
- Track your bookings (US and Canada only)
- Dispute charges (US and Canada only)
- Ask for reviews (US and Canada only)
Sign up today or contact our sales team for more information or help creating your account.