Benefits of Local Services Ads
- Get seen at the top of Google.
- Connect with potential customers who are searching for services that you provide and are most likely to book.
- Make use of simple tools to help you get started and create a personalised profile.
- Use the mobile app to communicate with customers at any time (English only).
- Build trust with the Google Guarantee or Google Screened .
- Pay only for leads related to your business and the services that you offer.
- Customers choose you: You only hear from customers who have specifically selected your profile out of all the rest.
How Local Services Ads work
The Local Services unit is shown at the top of Google Search results when people search for the services that you offer in areas that you've chosen. Potential customers can click or tap on your ad to either call you or send you a message request (US only). They can also schedule a booking with you directly through your ad. Learn more about booking leads (US only).
When a customer contacts you, you'll get an email and notification from the Local Services Ads app. From this point on, the lead is yours to turn into a customer.
To ensure that you continue to receive messages, respond to as many of them as you can (even if you decline to provide the requested service). If you regularly fail to answer calls or respond to messages, your ad ranking may be affected.
Google Screened ads
Google Screened helps professional service firms build a trusted reputation online. Businesses with this badge go through extensive background and licence checks.
On Local Services listings, you will see the Google Screened icon next to these businesses. Learn more about Google Screened
Google Guaranteed ads
Google Guarantee helps home service providers build a trusted reputation online. Providers with this badge go through extensive background and licence checks.
On Local Services listings, you will see the Google Guarantee badge next to these providers. Learn more about the Google Guarantee
We’re also offering a way for providers who have passed preliminary checks to begin getting leads from Local Services Ads while they’re completing the remaining required onboarding checks (all onboarding requirements are needed to go live with the Google Guarantee or Screened badges).
Requirements to go live with Pre-badge ads
- Licence (or business registration if we do not require you to submit your licence)
- Accepting that you have the appropriate licences to do business
- Business registration (in EMEA)
- Reviews (subject to category requirements)
- Completed your billing and set your budget
With Pre-badge ads, the provider’s Local Services listing will appear in consumer search results, but will be placed under all providers who have completed all onboarding requirements and have obtained the Google badge.
At this time, Local Services Ads are only available for certain service categories.
To see if Local Services Ads are available in your area, check your business eligibility.
- Appliance repair services
- Carpet cleaning services
- Cleaning services
- Worktop services
- Fencing services
- Flooring services
- Foundations services
- Garage door services
- General contractor services
- Home inspection services
- HVAC (heating or air conditioning)
- Junk removal services
- Landscaping services
- Lawn care services
- Moving services
- Pest control services
- Pool cleaning services
- Pool contracting services
- Siding services
- Snow removal services
- Tree services
- Water damage services
- Window cleaning services
- Window repair services
Accessing your Local Services Ads accountYou can access your Local Services Ads account at any time online and through the app (Android, iOS). Using these tools, you can:
- Receive and manage leads
- Communicate with customers about their requests and record notes
- Track your leads
- View reports about your ad's performance
- Pause your ad if you’re too busy to accept new leads
- Adjust your budget
- Track your bookings (US and Canada only)
- Dispute charges (US and Canada only)
- Ask for reviews (US and Canada only)
Sign up today or contact our sales team for more information or help with creating your account.