You can troubleshoot issues, download device logs, and test components right from your Jamboard. For example, you might need to test your camera or speakers. If you're an administrator for your organization, you can review device log information to troubleshoot problems.
Before you begin
If you want to download device logs from a board, you need the Admin tool password from your computer.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Device Management Jamboard devices.
To see Device Management, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
Some features may require having the Jamboard Management privilege.
- Click a Jamboard.
- Under device information, copy the Admin tool password.
Open the Jamboard admin tool
- On a Jamboard, tap Menu Jamboard Settings About Jamboard.
- Tap Build Number 7 times.
You can tap an option to capture logs, troubleshoot, and view WiFi certificate and system information.
Save device logs to a USB drive
Requires the Jamboard Admin tool password. See details above.
You can download device logs to a USB drive. You might need the device logs to troubleshoot the board. Or, Google support might ask you to provide the logs. Tap Capture Logs to view device logs or save them to a USB drive.
Test Jamboard components
You can check whether different parts of the board are working correctly. For example, you might need to test whether the board’s speakers are working. Tap Troubleshoot Device and then tap an item to begin the test.
- Camera—Tests the camera. The camera view will display on the screen.
- Speakers—Warning: This test emits a loud noise that sounds like an alarm.
- Microphone—Warning: This test emits a loud noise that sounds like an alarm.
- Touch Controller—Tests the touch input of the screen. If the test finds any problems, you’ll see an error code that you can share with Jamboard support.
- Hosts—The board tests different host names by pinging them.
View, install, or remove Wi-Fi certificates
You can see a list Wi-FI certificates for the board. Or, you can delete certificates and install new ones. Tap Wi-Fi Certificates to view your options.
Clean the board screen
When you tap Clean Screen, Jamboard detects and highlights areas on the screen that need to be cleaned. To clean the screen, use the microfiber cloth included with the board.
Find Jamboard’s software version
You can tap System Info to get information, such as the board’s Build ID and package version. If you contact support about an issue, you might be asked for some of this information.
Check for software updates
Tap Check System Update to install software updates for the board.