Turn on the Jamboard service for your users
To use Jamboard, you may need to turn it on in your Admin console (by default, it's turned on).
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
To turn the Jamboard service on for your users:
- From the Admin console, go to Apps G Suite Jamboard.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see Admin console settings don't update.
Note: Previously, the Jamboard Service was available as an additional service in the Admin console. The Jamboard Service is now a Core G Suite service and is available for G Suite customers.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services