Snooze emails & reminders until later
Snooze emails and reminders to temporarily remove them from your inbox until you need them.
Your email or reminder will come back to the top of your inbox when you want it to, whether that's tomorrow, next week, or when you get home. You can always see your snoozed items under Snoozed in the Menu .
Snooze an email or reminder
- Open an email or reminder.
- At the top of the email, select Snooze .
- Choose a snooze option (learn more below).
You can also snooze right from your inbox:
- Phone or tablet: Just swipe left to snooze an email or reminder in your inbox
- Computer: Move your mouse over an email or reminder and click Snooze
Snooze optionsSnooze until the suggested time
When you snooze an email that has dates and times (like event confirmations or shipping notifications), you'll get an option to snooze to a suggested time, like the day of your concert or the morning your package will arrive.
Snooze suggestion information is automatically generated from details in your emails. Learn more.
After you select Snooze, there are a few ways to snooze to a certain time or date:
- Later today, Tomorrow, Later this week, This Weekend, or Next week – quick default options.
- Pick date & time – choose a date, and then the time. For the time, you can choose a preset time, Custom, or Silent.
- Last – use the same custom time that you recently used for another email or reminder.
You'll get a notification on your mobile device at the time you chose (unless you turned off notifications). Learn more about notifications for reminders and snoozed emails.
Change default snooze times
In Settings, you can change the default times for Morning, Afternoon, and Evening. Learn more below.
In many countries, the weekend means something other than Saturday and Sunday. In Settings, you can change the days of week that represent the weekend. Google will automatically set the default for this based on your country.
Choose the Someday option for emails or reminders that you might want to get back to, but aren't sure when. You can go back through your Someday list later and decide what to do with them.
You can see everything in your Someday list by going to the Menu Select Snoozed. The Someday section is toward the bottom.
Your email or reminder will stay in Snoozed until you move it yourself. You can mark it done, move it to your inbox with pin, or choose a different snooze option.
You can snooze emails or reminders to get them out of your inbox until you get to a specific place, like home or work. Once you arrive at the location you chose, you'll see your email at the top of your inbox and get a notification on your mobile device (unless you turned off notifications).
- Open an email or reminder and click Snooze .
- Click or tap Pick place.
- Enter a new address, or choose Home or Work.
Don’t see "Pick place" option?
To see this option while on your computer, you first have to turn on the feature by snoozing to a place on your mobile device and choosing "Yes, I'm in." Once you use "Pick place" from the mobile app, you’ll see this option on your computer.
Save a place
You can add your own places to the "Pick place" menu so you don't need to remember specific addresses.
- Enter an address or business name in the "Pick place" menu (see steps above).
- Check "Name this place."
- Enter a name and Save.
You can edit or delete saved places in the "Pick place" menu by clicking edit next to the place name.
Learn more about how Inbox uses your location.
Before you snooze an email, you can add a note for yourself about what you need to do. You'll know exactly what you need to do without reading the email again.
- Open the email.
- Click or tap Pin .
- Type where it says "Remember to..." at the top of the email.
- Click or tap Save.
- Click or tap Snooze and choose an option.
If there's something you need to do regularly, you can create a reminder that repeats.
- Open Inbox.
- Go to the Create button .
- Click or tap Reminder .
- Type in your reminder.
- Click or tap Snooze .
- Select Pick date & time.
- Choose the first day for your reminder. Then, choose a time.
- Click or tap Does not repeat and choose one of the options.
- Save your reminder.
Edit your repeating reminder
- Open the Menu .
- Choose Snoozed. Repeating reminders have an icon on the right to help you find them .
- Click or tap to open the reminder and make updates. Your changes will affect all future reminders in the series.
Change default snooze times
You can choose your own default times for Morning, Afternoon, and Evening.
- Open Inbox.
- In the top left, go to the Menu .
- At the bottom, select Settings .
- Choose Snooze.
- Type in a new time for Morning, Afternoon, or Evening.
- Click Done.
This setting also changes the default times for Later Today, Tomorrow, and Next week. The snooze option Later Today uses your Evening time, and Tomorrow and Next week use your Morning time.
View your snoozed items
You can find your email or reminder while it's snoozed.
- Open Inbox.
- Go to the Menu .
- Select Snoozed.
When it's time for your email or reminder to come back, it will show up at the top of your inbox. Your email or reminder will be pinned in your inbox so you can easily find it by clicking the switch at the top of the page .
When you snooze an email or reminder to a specific time or location, you'll get a notification on your mobile device at that time or place (unless you turned off notifications). Learn more about notifications for reminders and snoozed emails.
Aaron is an Inbox expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.