Fenced rates offer different rates for your itineraries, based on the end-user's device, domain, and signed-in status. Fenced rates offer benefits to users based on rate rules that you set up.
Create a rate rule
To create a rate rule, follow the steps below:
- Open the Hotel Ads Center.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Select Prices > Fenced Rates in the left-hand navigation. The Fenced Rates tool displays.
- Enter a rule name in the "Create new rule" field and click Add. The rule name will appear in the "Find rule" field.
- Choose among the configuration options described below.
- Click the Save button.
- Request activation of your rule for it to become active.
For more information, see Fenced Rates.
You may create one or more rules defining fenced rates by device type, country code, and signed-in status. To define a rule, use one or more of the configuration options described in the following table:
|Device type||Specifies that the rate rule matches target mobile users, desktop and tablet users, or both.
NOTE: If neither option is selected, the rule will target both types of users.
|Status||Specifies that the rate rule matches users signed into their Google account, users signed out of Google, or both.|
|Country code||Specifies that your rate rule matches users searching from one or more countries. Their location is determined based on IP address.|
To request activation of a fenced rate rule, click the Active radio box under the " heading. The selection will gray out and an activation notification request will appear. Your Google account representative will contact you as soon as verification of your rule is complete.
To request deactivation of a fenced rate rule, click the Inactive radio box under the "Status" heading.