You can ask your Google Assistant for information and for help with everyday tasks.
Start a conversation
On your headphones, press the button to talk to your Google Assistant.
Ask a question or say a command.
Release the button when you’re done.
Note: There are different ways to start and stop a conversation depending on the headphones you’re using. Learn more about gestures you can use.
What you can ask
Some of these queries don't work in all languages.
- Play some pop music
- Play news from NPR
- What's the name of this song?
Keep in touch
- Call Mom
- Read my new text messages
- Text Mom saying "Be there in 5 minutes"
- Are there any coffee shops nearby?
- How do you say "Hello" in French?
- How many pounds are in one dollar?
- What's the weather?
- Will I need an umbrella today?
Manage your Day
- When's my next appointment?
- Set a timer for 30 minutes
- Add coffee to my shopping list
- Remind me to pick up flour at 5:30 pm
- Tell me about my day
- Do you dream?
- Tell me a joke
For more ideas, ask your Assistant "What can you do?"