Upgrade the software
Google regularly updates the G Suite Migrate platform and node software. We recommend that you use the latest version of the software to ensure that you have the most recent G Suite Migrate features and fixes.
Important: Google does not recommend upgrading your databases after the initial installation.
Upgrade the platform and node servers
- Sign in to the G Suite Migrate platform and make sure no bridges or scans are running.
- In the task bar, right click the G Suite Migrate icon and select Stop G Suite Migrate service.
- Open the G Suite Migrate installers page and click the links to download the updated installers.
Note: The installers are only available to approved beta participants. (For more information on how to register for the the G Suite Migrate Beta program, see this form.)
- Run the installers on the platform and on each node.
- Verify the upgrade was successful by confirming the platform version number matches the node version. To see:
- Platform version—In the top-right corner of the G Suite Migrate platform, the platform version is next to Help .
- Node version—In the top-right corner of the G Suite Migrate platform, click Servers. The node version is listed under Version.
- To restart any bridges that you stopped in step 1, run a delta bridge. For details, see Get ready to go live.
As an alternative to running the installers manually, you can run an upgrade using the command-line interface.
To run the G Suite Migrate installers non-interactively, use all of the following command line setup parameters:
|/SP-||Turn off prompts at the beginning of a setup.|
|/VERYSILENT||Turn off the setup wizard and all windows during the installation process.|
|/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES||Suppress all message boxes.|
|/NORESTART||Prevent a system restart following a successful installation, or after an installation failure that requests a restart.|
Example: Run an upgrade using the G Suite Migrate platform installer:
GSuiteMigrate_Platform_Installer_version-number.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART
If you are upgrading G Suite Migrate, the installation parameters are automatically populated with values from your existing installation. If you wish to change these values, the installer supports the following custom parameters:
|/ClientID||Your OAuth Web client ID.|
The path to your service account's JSON file.
Note: Enclose the path in quotation marks if it contains spaces.
|/AdminEmail||Your domain admin email address.|
The port number of your install.
Note: Use this parameter only if you wish to override the default (5131).
|/AccessKey||The access key required when associating the nodes.|
Note: The G Suite Migrate installers are built with a third-party product called Inno Setup. For more details on the command line parameters available, consult the documentation for Inno Setup.