If you're signed in to a work or school account, the options you see might be different. To learn more, contact your administrator.
To see the number of unread messages for a group, set up a filter in your email client.
If Groups for Business is turned on, to see the number of unread messages for a group, your subscription option must be set to Each email. Visit View and edit membership settings.
Here are example instructions for Gmail.
- In Gmail, create a filter.
In the search field, on the To line, enter the group's email address.
- After clicking Create filter:
- Check the Apply the label box.
- Next to Choose label, click the Down arrow New label.
- In the first field, enter the group's name.
You can leave the other options blank.
- Click Create.
Your group now appears as a folder in the left panel. As messages arrive to the group, the number of unread messages appears next to the folder.