How to view the full message headers of an email
If you're having difficulty with messages from a Google Group, viewing the message headers might help you track down the problem. The headers tell you where the email originally came from, and any other addresses it may have visited on its way to your inbox. Please follow the instructions below to view the message headers in your email program.
- Open the message in your Gmail inbox.
- Click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the message.
- Click the "Show original" link toward the bottom of the options box. The message will open in a separate window with the full message headers at the top.
- Open the message in Microsoft Outlook.
- Select "View," then "Options."
- You'll see the headers in the "Internet Headers" box.
- Open the email message in your Yahoo Mail inbox.
- Click the "Full Headers" link located in the lower-right corner of the email message.
If instructions for your email program aren't listed above, please check your program's help information for instructions on viewing message headers.