To help you to get the right audience and to help users find what they're looking for, each ad and keyword in your Ad Grants account must reflect your organization’s primary mission, be relevant to your nonprofit's programs and services, and be specific enough to provide a good experience for the user seeing your ads.
As such, the following keywords and queries for serving Ad Grants ads are not permitted:
- Single-word keywords (excluding your own branded words, recognized medical conditions, acronyms, and a small number of exception keywords published here)
- Note terms with dashes, periods, or special characters are not treated as single-word keywords
- Check Search Terms Report to add exact-match negative keywords where needed
- Overly generic keywords like “best videos”, "cool apps", “e-books”, “today's news”, “easy yoga”, “download games”, "things to do", “job alert”, or names of other organizations, places, historical events, or people on their own
- Allowed examples include "museums in [your city name]", "emergency preparedness apps" or "YouTube video to learn English", but not a city name, 'Android apps', or 'YouTube' on their own
- You may see these terms disapproved for 'Unclear Relevance' in your account
- Check Search Terms Report to add negative keywords where needed
- Keywords with a Quality Score of 1 or 2
- To prevent account disruption, set up an automated rule to pause low quality keywords automatically.
Alternatively, you may choose to use AdWords Express, which automatically manages your ad's search phrases (instead of keywords) based on your business product or service categories.
If your account is temporarily deactivated, you may request it to be reinstated after you’ve adjusted your account to bring it into compliance.
Any account found in violation of program policies is subject to automatic suspension without notification. Accounts that fall out of compliance can adjust the issue and request reinstatement. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time.