If you change a setting on Google TV and it changes back the next time you turn on the device, this article can help fix the issue.
Check your internet connection
- From the Google TV home screen, select Settings Network & Internet.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on and that you’re connected to the correct network.
Check what mode you’re usingCheck if you’re in demo mode
If your device is in "retail mode" or "store mode," your settings won’t save. Modes vary by TV manufacturer. To switch to "home mode," check the instructions that come with your TV or contact your device manufacturer.
Some settings and features aren’t available in basic mode. When your TV is in basic mode, you can’t:
- Use services and features that require you to sign in to your Google Account
- Access your Play Library
- Install apps
- Use the Assistant to search for content
- Cast content from another device
Tip: To switch from basic mode, on your home screen, scroll to the Google TV banner and select Set up Google TV. Learn more about basic TV.
Check for system updates
- From the Google TV home screen, select Settings .
- Select System About System update.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Tip: On some devices, you can turn on automatic updates. For more info, contact your device manufacturer.