/googleplay/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Google play store just says waiting for download. How do i fix this on s7 galaxy active ty
I dont know what to do
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (205)
Relevant Answer
I had this exact problem so follow the following steps
1. make sure your internet connection is good
2.go to setting,apps,Google play services and then select clear data
3.Then proceed to do the same for play store
4.then go to accounts and remove your Google account 
5.click on playstore and then sign in
6.enjoy

This actually worked for me if it doesn't then maybe send an email to Google or go to a technician.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This solution worked for me, where nothing else did.  But it's crazy!  I had to remove my google account!  Google please fix this, a *lot* of people seem to have the problem.

Thank you Usama.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yep.   Google please fix this.   

Cleared cache,  plenty of free space. 
Still stuck on "waiting for download "
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
And if I must do an APD update,  so be it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
it's happening to my son's new phone, ridiculous it has been going on this long
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My issue not resolved by following the instructions
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
switch off your VPN whenever you want to download things from the Play Store, then switch it back on when you’re done.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Followed he instructions. Didn't work for me.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Alright guys, I just solved this issue on my phone. If you only 'clear cache', it won't work. I had to 'clear storage' on my Google play services and Google playstore. And now I can download. It's crazy but it works. Months of frustration ENDED!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Where do you find clear storage on google play services?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
For those still experiencing this problem after exhausting the above options, go to google play; attempt downloading an App; while pending or waiting download; click at the far right option and disable auto updates and the download begins. It has just worked for me.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks so much @chioma it worked after clearing storage and cache
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks Hannington - that worked for me as well!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please fix this. This happens all the time, in a random way. Sometimes it download immediately and some times it just doesn't.. it takes ages. Same network, same place, same device.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google so far not fixing the google play downloads problem. Apple store more reliable. I have to go to apple product.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Mark you hit right on the head. Turned off vpn and started downloading immediately. Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Deleted Google Play Services data & cache.
Deleted Google Play Store data & cache.
Restart & still doesn't work.

Then I turned off all auto updates of each & every apps queuing to be updated. Last one I turned off Google Play Store's auto update. I believe this is the one that finally does the trick: no more queue and so download started.

:)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I cleared cache on store and play services and st I'll got the endless waiting for download. I got cancel...And restarted the down load and it worked. Go figure. Google, please fix this because I like your services when work.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
After removing Google account and clearing play store data. It stated to download!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@mark major
Thanks bro. The vpn option worked for me.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happens to me all the time as well - have to turn off my VPN is all that is required to fix.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
it worked for my htc, thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks Mark Major!  I turned off my VPN+it downloaded in 5 seconds.  I did turn off my VPN after deleting the history on my 2 web browsers though... not sure if that made a difference.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Didn't work. Super frustrating
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Switching off my VPN (Express VPN) worked for me.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I cleared my Google cache and switched off my VPN and it worked.  Thank you for your help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I tried everything, cleaning data from both Play Store and Google Play Services, factory reset my phone 3 times, nothing worked. Then I restarted my router and it worked like magic.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks Mark Major. VPN app was the problem in my case.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I also have the same problem , but with the play store of my work profile. Whereas the Playstore in my personal profile is working without any issues. Any suggestions please?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
well none of these worked for me, come on google, stop fucking up this shit
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Still nothing working for me
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same. More than that - I'm locked out of my Facebook account that I need for work because I need a third party generator. I can't download a third party code generator because Google Play won't let me download (I've tried everything - including videos on Facebook, articles, and Google Forum.) The only desktop third party code generator I can find (I think) is LastPass but I haven't used that account in years and I can't recover my master password because apparently I need to try recover in each and every browser I used the application. I am stuck in an endless loop of a tech nightmare and tearing my hair out. Take me back to 1992 when life was less complicated!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
did work for me thanks .
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I remove the Google account and sign in again. This works for me. (12-FEB-2020)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
A lot of these answers are for phones, and on a Chromebook these options are not available. On my HP x360 14" I did this:

1. Turned off VPN.
2. Settings > Apps (left side) > Manage Your Apps > Play Store > More Settings and Permissions > Disable > Disable App > Install Original Version
3. Rebooted Chromebook
4. PlayStore > [menu] > My Apps & Games > Downloaded Apps Individually

This is a temporary solution. Every few months I check the apps and there are multiple downloads pending, despite having auto-update and all data permissions turned on. So I do it all again, each time.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If you have a VPN, try turning it off. This worked for me when I had the same downloading issue on a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
turning off VPN , and all APPs being down loaded came up immediately . THANKS!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The issue is not with your Phone, Internet Service Provider(ISP), Play Store, Google nor with your Internet Connection. The Issue is due wrong Access Point Name(also known as 'Internet Settings') parameters such as APN, Proxy, etc sometimes have some minor errors in it which can cause this blunder. I recommend you to confirm the 'Internet Settings' once with your ISP and then reboot your phone because even a small error in Access Point Names can cause this issue. In my case, I asked BSNL to resend me the Internet Settings and I deleted the previous Internet Settings and installed new ones and also rebooted my phone once. Doing so worked for me!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes this actually worked! Ty so much!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
How do I fix this
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
How do I fix it
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
For Samsung Galaxy A20 I had to disable google play and clear all cache and data and the download started
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This has become a bit of a life stopper for me. We make this assumption that apps download in seconds, but in my phone an app stuck in "waiting for download" is regular no matter what fix I try and 1 day to install an app has become standard on my phone. I had to postpone my errands because cant perform a minor function. Android experience quality has suffered tremendously in recent years.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This really is getting to be beyond irritating. Why can't you people fix this?  A person shouldn't have to go through all these NON-WORKING steps every other week. It literally takes 6+ hours "waiting for download." Judging from the number of search results going back years about this issue, a reasonable person would either assume indifference or incompetence.  FIX THIS.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue every time I try to download something from the play store
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Download problem
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The only thing that helped me so far and is not welln known is:

Switch of bluetooth, restart phone and wait about 1-2 minutes...

If donloads are still pending delete cage of google, google playstore and framework. Restart again and wait... know it should work.

Its getting a long time know with this issue and it is freaking me out because it is blocking push notifications to. Whatsapp, gmail, facebook insta.. everything
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
All of the suggested work-arounds do not work. All other apps other than the one I'm trying to download work, so I'm guessing the problem is specific to the app and NOT a general app download issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I fixed this issue on my phone by opening Google Play Store > My Apps and Games, and canceling the update in progress.  One of my apps had gotten stuck while updating, and it was preventing new apps from being downloaded. Once I clicked cancel on the update that was in progress, apps went back to downloading properly. Hope this helps for some of you, it was certainly frustrating wading through menus and trying different things to no avail before finally figuring it out.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happens pretty much every time I try to download an app. VPN is not active.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
fixed by removing google account
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Wait for download solution pizz
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am SICK of GOOGLE.  My NEXT PHONE WILL BE AN APPLE!
GOOGLE = JUNK that doesn't work and SPYs on YOU when it does!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Not a Google problem. This is a Samsung problem, they completely bastardize Android. I am a software engineer and virtually nothing works as it should on Samsung devices. Don't be fooled, Apple, Microsoft and every other big software company spies on you too. Follow the money; it is in your personal data.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Ok please return play store.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/googleplay/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic