You can explore augmented reality (AR) in apps like Measure, Just a Line, and more.
Augmented reality uses your device to blend digital content into the real world. Unlike virtual reality (VR), you won’t need any headsets, goggles, or other extra equipment. Instead, all you need is your device’s camera and an AR app.
What you need
To use Google Play Services for AR, you need an Android device with:
- A Google Account
- At least 1 GB of free space
- At least one AR app installed
- An unmetered mobile network
How it works
Google Play Services for AR lets your device provide AR experiences in apps that were created with Google’s AR platform in mind.
Install Google Play Services for AR
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app .
- Find the Google Play Services for AR app.
- Tap Download.
Uninstall Google Play Services for AR
If you don’t use AR apps, you can uninstall Google Play Services for AR.
- On your Android device, open the device settings.
- Under “Apps & notifications,” find Google Play Services for AR.
- Tap Uninstall.