What is Google Play Points?
Google Play Points is only available in Japan and Korea, and will vary by country.
With Google Play Points, you’ll get rewards. When you join, you can:
- Earn points for purchases in the Google Play Store, and when you try new apps and games.
- Use points for select in-app items.
- Use points to get Google Play Credit.
When you first join, you’ll earn 1 point for every ₩1,000 (Korea) or ¥100 (Japan) you spend. As a special thank you for joining, you’ll earn 3 times more points for the first seven days as part of a one time enrollment bonus. When you collect enough points, you’ll move to the next level for more points and benefits. The higher your level, the more points you earn. Learn more about levels, benefits, and perks.
To join, you’ll need:
- An Android device that works with Google Play. Learn more about supported devices.
- A Google Play account that’s not managed by your school or a parent.
- A valid payment method. Learn more about adding a payment method on Google Play.
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu Play Points.
- Tap Join.
- If you don’t have a payment method, you’ll be asked to add one. Follow the steps on the screen.
Leave the program
If you leave Google Play Points:
- You’ll no longer have your points, level, benefits, and perks.
- You'll still be able to use any remaining coupons or items that you’ve already exchanged with your points.
- You’ll receive promotions until your request is processed.
- If you rejoin Play Points within 30 days of leaving, you’ll be able to recover all your points, level, benefits, and perks.
- If you join after 30 days of leaving, you’ll be enrolled as a new user.
- You won’t receive an enrollment bonus if you register again.
Fill out this form to leave the program.