See your device certification status
To make sure that Android devices with Google apps work correctly, Google only certifies devices that:
- Include proprietary apps under license from Google
- Pass Android compatibility testing
Only certified devices are eligible to include Google apps, like the Google Play Store app.
Check your device certification status
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu Settings.
- Under “Device certification” you’ll see if your device is certified.
What uncertified status means
If your device is uncertified, Google doesn’t have a record of the Android compatibility test results.
Please keep in mind that:
- Uncertified devices may not be secure.
- Uncertified devices may not get Android system updates, or app updates.
- Google apps on uncertified devices aren't licensed and may not be real Google apps.
- Apps and features on uncertified devices may not work correctly.
- Data on uncertified devices may not back up securely.
What to do if your device isn’t certified
If your device is uncertified, we recommend contacting your device manufacturer. Ask for a fully tested, Google certified device.
Dan is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.