Record your game with Google Play Games
Use the Google Play Games app to record and share your gameplay. Upload your recording to YouTube to show your friends and grow your audience. You can also record your voice or reactions as you play.
Record your gameplay
- Open the Play Games app .
- Select a game to open the game details page.
- At the top of the game details page, touch the record icon .
- Select your desired video quality setting. You can record in 480p SD or 720p HD.
- Based on your device's available storage space, we'll show you the maximum video length that you can record.
- Touch Launch to start your game. You'll see a floating video bubble appear with recording settings.
- Touch the record icon .
- After a 3-second countdown, your recording will begin.
To stop recording: Touch the floating video bubble, then the red stop icon .
To dismiss recording: Drag the floating video bubble into the center of the screen. Drop the video bubble over the "X" to dismiss your recording.
Once you are finished recording, the video will save to your phone or tablet. You will also see an option to share your video online.
Change recording settings during gameplayRecording settings
To change recording settings during gameplay, touch the floating video bubble to show the settings icons.
- To record, touch the record icon .
- To stop recording, touch the stop icon .
- To turn your device's camera on or off, touch the camera icon . Use your camera to record reactions with your front-facing camera as you play.
- To turn your device's microphone on or off, touch the microphone icon . Use your microphone to record audio commentary over your gameplay.
Review, edit, and share your recordings
Once a recording has ended, you'll see a "Video saved to gallery" message. Touch the message to either watch your video or edit and upload it to YouTube.Watch your video
Each time you record your gameplay, your video will automatically save to the photo library of your phone or tablet.
To view your recording on a Nexus device:
- Open the Photos app .
- Touch the menu icon > Device folders.
- You will find your recording under “Screencasts.”
To share your recording immediately after gameplay:
- Touch the “Video saved to gallery” message
- Touch Edit & Upload to YouTube to open the YouTube video editor.
- Edit your video and upload to YouTube.
Before sharing your recorded video online, make sure that you review it carefully and delete any private information that you don’t want shared on the Internet. Your recording could include anything that appeared on your device’s screen or was picked up by your microphone during gameplay (for example, phone numbers, messages, or calendar reminders). Also, make sure you have the rights to share any content included in your video.
Note: In order to record your games, your device must be running Android version Lollipop or later. More info on version updates can be found here.
Jasmine is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.