Record and share your gameplay
Use the Google Play Games app to record and share your gameplay. You can also record your voice or reactions as you play.
You can only record a game if you have a supported device and Android 5.0 and up. Learn how to check and update your Android version.
Record your gameplay
You can record in 480p SD or 720p HD .Based on your device's available storage space, we'll show you the maximum video length that you can record.
- Open the Play Games app .
- Select a game.
- At the top of the game details page, tap Record gameplay .
- Select a video quality setting Next.
- Tap Launch. A floating video bubble will appear with recording settings.
- Tap Start recording .
- After 3 seconds, your game will start recording.
- To stop recording, drag the floating video bubble into the center of the screen and hold it over Close .
Change recording settings during gameplay
Tap the floating video bubble.
- To stop recording, tap Stop Recording .
- To turn your device's camera off, tap Disable camera .
- To turn your device's microphone off, tap Disable mic .
Review, edit, and share your recordings
Once a recording has ended, a "Video saved to gallery" notification will appear. Tap the notification to watch your video or edit and upload it to YouTube.
Watch your video
Each time you record your gameplay, your video will automatically save to the photo library of your phone or tablet.
- Open the Google Photos app . If you don’t have it yet, download Google Photos.
- Tap Menu Device folders.
- Select Screencasts.
Edit and upload your video
Before you share your video, check to make sure you don’t have any private information in the video. You may also want to make sure you have the rights to share any content in your video.
- Tap the “Video saved to gallery” message.
- Tap Edit & upload to YouTube to open the YouTube video editor.
- Edit your video and upload to YouTube.