Error 408 on Movies & TV app
You may have seen this error message on your Android device:
"Can't connect to Google Play (Error 408)."
This message means there could be a problem with your device's Internet connection. Here are some things you can try:
- Troubleshoot the issue using the steps below
- Request a refund for your video
Troubleshoot the issue
Try the steps below and check to see if your video plays after each one.
- Check if your Internet is working in other apps or your mobile browser.
- If not, try rebooting your Wi-Fi router. The easiest way to do this is to unplug your router's power cord and then plug it back in.
- If you have access to another Wi-Fi network, try connecting to it and watching the video again.
- Make sure you're using the latest version of the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- To check for updates, open the Play Store , then tap Menu My apps & games.
- Restart your device.
- Update your Android OS, if available.
- To check, go to your device's Settings menu About device System updates.
- Advanced Tip: Some users have found that disabling IPv6 on the router can help fix this issue. To change your router settings, please see your router manufacturer’s help resources.
Request a refund
If your video will not play correctly, you can request a refund for your video at any time.
Andrea is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.