Save & download notes, highlights, & bookmarks
You can see your Play Books notes, highlights, and bookmarks in Google Drive. Your notes are saved in a document specific to the book you’re reading.
Download notes & uploaded files
You can download your Google Play Books notes and files you've uploaded using Google Takeout.
- Go to Google Takeout. Make sure you’re signed in to the account you want to download data from.
- Click Deselect all.
- Check the Google Play Books box and click Next step.
- Choose the type of file and how you want to download it.
- Click Create archive.
See your notes, highlights & bookmarks
- Go to Google Drive.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the same account you used for Play Books.
- Open the folder you created to store your notes. By default, the folder is named “Play Books Notes”.
The publisher of this book has not enabled the copy-paste feature for this book or has set a limit that is too low for the number of highlights you have made.
Edit a notes document
If you make edits to a notes document in Drive, they’ll be deleted the next time you add notes to the same book. To make and save edits to a synced notes document, you’ll need to make a copy of the document first.
- On your computer, open the notes doc you want to edit.
- Click File > Make a copy.
- Name your new doc.
- Make your edits to the new doc.
Note: If you add notes to a book, they'll be saved only in the original notes document. If you want them in your new doc, you'll need to manually add them to the new doc.