Error 214 on Movies & TV app
You may have seen this error message on your Android device:
'There was a problem playing the video (214). Try playing the video again or restarting your device.'
This message can mean that there's been a problem with your device, not the video that you're trying to watch. If you're seeing this error message, here are some things that you can try:
- Troubleshoot the issue using the steps below
- Try streaming or downloading your video somewhere else
- Request a refund for your video
Troubleshoot the issue on your device
Step 1: Make sure that you try restarting your phone. Often, you can fix this problem just by turning your phone off and on.
Step 2: Update your Google Play Movies & TV app.
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu My apps & games.
- If an update is available, tap Google Play Movies & TV Update.
Step 3: Update to the latest version of Android.
- On your device, open Settings .
- Tap System Advanced System update.
Try streaming or downloading the video somewhere else
If you're having trouble watching a downloaded video on your device, try streaming or downloading your video on another device. You can also watch online at play.google.com/movies, using a Chromecast or on YouTube.
Request a refund
If your video will not play correctly, you can request a refund for your video.