This error can appear when you're trying to install an Android app on:
- your computer
- an Android mobile device that isn't linked to your Google Account
- a non-compatible device
Let us know what you're trying to do by selecting an option below.
Link your Google Account and phone or tablet
- On your computer, go to Google Play.
- In the top right, click your profile picture.
- If you're not signed in to the right account, click Sign out, then sign in again with the right account.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app .
- New device: If your device is new, sign in with your Google Account.
- On a device you've added apps to before: To see the account you're on, tap Menu . You'll see the account you're signed in to at the top. To choose a different account on your phone or tablet, tap the Down Arrow . If you don't see the Down Arrow, add the account you want to link to your device.
- Search for the app you're trying to install.
- Tap Install.
- After you've installed an app, your phone or tablet will be linked to your Google Account. Within a few minutes, you should be able to install apps to your device using your computer.
Apps from Google Play can't be installed on Kindle devices. Try visiting the recommended app store for your device, like the Amazon Appstore for Kindle.
If the problem persists, try the following.
If you're using a work or school Google Account, you may not be able to install Google Play apps on your device using your computer.
You can still use the Google Play Store app on your device to download apps.