This error can appear when you're trying to install an Android app on:
- Your computer
- An Android mobile device that isn't linked to your Google Account
- A non-compatible device
Let us know what you're trying to do by selecting an option below.
Link your Google Account to your phone or tablet
Important: Most apps from the Play Store can’t be installed on computers other than some Chromebooks.
- On your computer, go to Google Play.
- At the top right, click your profile picture.
- If you're not signed in to the right account, click Sign out, then sign in again with the right account.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app .
- New device: If your device is new, sign in with your Google Account.
- On a device you've added apps to before:
- At the top right, tap your profile picture.
- If you want to use a different account, tap the Down Arrow .
- If the Down Arrow doesn’t appear, add the account you want to link to your device.
- Search for the app you want to install on your device.
- Tap Install.
- After you install an app, your phone or tablet links to your Google Account. Within a few minutes, you can use your computer to install apps onto your device.
Apps from Google Play can't be installed on Kindle devices. Try visiting the recommended app store for your device, like the Amazon Appstore for Kindle.
If the problem persists, try the following.Using a work or school account?
If you're using a work or school Google Account, you may not be able to install Google Play apps on your device using your computer.
You can still use the Google Play Store app on your device to download apps.