You can pre-order selected movies, eBooks and audiobooks so that they appear in your library as soon as they're available. You can also pre-register for selected apps and games that aren't out yet.
Pre-order or pre-register for an item
You won't be charged for pre-orders until the item is available in your app.
Important: If you pre-register for an item, you won’t be able to cancel your pre-registration.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap the item that you’d like to pre-order.
- On the item’s detail page, tap Pre-order or Pre-register.
You’ll get an email when your pre-order is placed. You’ll also get a notification or email when you get the item or when it becomes available to download.
Important: A pre-order may be cancelled if your payment is declined. If you used Google Play Store balance as your form of payment for your pre-order, your order will be cancelled if you don't have enough credit in your account when the item is released.
Check status or cancel your pre-order
- Open the Google Play app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Payments and subscriptions Budget and history.
- Select the item that you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel pre-order.
You'll receive a cancellation email after cancelling your order.