Pre-order on Google Play
On Google Play, you can pre-order select movies, music, and books and have them delivered to your app as soon as they're available. You can also pre-register for select apps and games that aren't out yet.
Pre-order or pre-register
For instructions on how to pre-order or pre-register, select the type of content you're looking for below.Movies, music, books
When an item is available for pre-order on Google Play, it displays a Pre-order button on its detail page. You won't be charged for pre-orders until the item is available in your app.
- Open Google Play on your computer or the Google Play Store app .
- Search for the item you'd like to pre-order.
- Select Pre-order.
- Complete your order.
We'll send you an email when your pre-order is placed and when the item is available in your app. You can see the pre-order status on the item detail page and on your My Account page.
When you pre-register for apps and games, you'll get a notification the day the item becomes available to download. For paid items, you won't be charged until you install the app or game.
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Visit the item's detail page.
- Touch Pre-register.
Download the app or game
- Touch the Install Now notification that appears on your device.
- On the item's detail page, touch Install (for free items) or the item's price.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Cancel a pre-order
You can only cancel a pre-order on the Google Play website. You can't use the app. To cancel:
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to play.google.com/store/account.
- Next to your pre-ordered item, select More .
- Select Cancel pre-order or Unregister.
You'll receive a cancellation email after canceling your order.
Why was my pre-order canceled?
A pre-order may be canceled if your payment is declined. If you used Google Play Store balance as your form of payment for your pre-order, your order will be canceled if you don't have enough credit in your account when the item is released.
Dan is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.