Get started with Google Play
You can find and download apps and digital content in the Google Play Store .
Set up your Google Play account
You need to add a payment method to your Google Play account to download some content from the Google Play Store.
- From the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap Menu Account Add a new payment method.
- Follow the steps on the screen. The new payment method will be added to your Google account.
What you can do with Google Play
The Google Play Store offers millions apps from Google and other developers. Google apps that will help you get started include:
- Apps & games for Android devices and Chromebooks.
- Movies & TV shows which you can rent or buy.
- Music for purchase or streaming subscriptions.
- Digital books which you can read or listen to.
- News and publication subscriptions
Depending on your device, some Google Play apps may already be installed on your device.
- Google Play Store : Find the Store app.
- Google Play Books : Get the Books app.
- Google Play Games : Get the Games app.
- Google Play Movies & TV : Get the Movies & TV app.
- Google Play Music : Get the Music app.
- Google Play Newsstand : Get the Newsstand app.
Get more help with Google Play
- Google Play Help Center
- Downloading & purchasing
- Play Store won’t open, load, or download apps
- Find the right place to get help
Connect with experts on the forum
Google Play Help Forum: The forum has an active community of experts who can help with Google Play. Browse previous discussions or post your question to get advice.