You can play movies and shows from another device on your TV with a Chromecast device.
Some products and features aren't available in all countries. Learn more about what's available in your country.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad and your Chromecast to the same wireless network.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google TV app .
- Tap Library Movies or TV shows.
- Choose a movie or show.
- Tap Cast .
- From the list, select your Chromecast.
- On your phone, tap Play.
To disconnect from your Chromecast: Tap Cast Stop casting.
- HD movie rentals play in HD on Chromecast, even if your phone isn't capable of HD playback.
- Chromecast continues to play your video when your phone or tablet runs out of battery. To access video controls again, connect another device to the Chromecast. To save battery, turn off your device’s screen during playback.
- If you're signed in to YouTube, make sure that you're signed in with the same Google Account.