When you've set up your Chromecast, use Google Play Movies & TV to show videos on your TV.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad and your Chromecast to the same wireless network.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Tap Library Movies or TV shows.
- Choose a movie or show.
- Tap Cast .
- From the list, select your Chromecast.
- On the Google Play Movies & TV app, tap Play.
- To disconnect: Tap Cast select your device from the list.
- On your Mac, go to chrome://apps on your Chrome browser
- Select "Play Movies."
- At the top, click Cast .
- Under "Connect to a device," select your Chromecast from the device list.
- Select and play a video.
To disconnect from your Chromecast, click Cast Stop casting.
- HD movie rentals will play in HD on Chromecast, even if your phone isn't capable of HD playback.
- Chromecast will keep playing your video, even if your phone or tablet runs out of battery. To access video controls again, you'll need to connect another device to the Chromecast.
- To save battery, you can turn the screen off on your device during playback.
- If you're signed in to YouTube, make sure that you're signed into Play Movies & TV using the same Google Account.