Play a game against other people
Some games let you play with or against friends and people nearby.
Ask someone to play a game
You can play with other gamers from around the world (Auto-pick) or invite someone specific (Invite friends) to play a game.
- Depending on the game, you can go to the multiplayer section and choose between playing with multiple people or challenging another person to a game.
- If the person you’ve invited has accepted, the game will automatically start.
- In some games, you take turns with your opponent. You’ll get a notification when it’s your turn to play. Tap the notification to take your turn and play the game.
Invite someone near you to play
Before you invite someone, make sure they have the same game open and the Nearby Players option turned on.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the game you want to play.
- Go to the multiplayer section.
- Tap Nearby players: On.
- Under "Players near you," tap the name of a player.
- Tap Play.
Learn how the game can tell when people are around you (usually within 300 feet). Using Nearby Players does not affect your Android settings.
Note: When you leave the multiplayer section, you’ll need to go through the process again to start another game.
Accept a game to play
On your Android phone or tablet
- On your Android phone or tablet, swipe down from the top of your screen to check for multiplayer invitations.
- Tap the notification, then respond to the invitation.
On Android TV
- Open Google Play Games .
- Select Inbox.