Disable & enable Google Play system apps
On devices running Android 4.0 and higher, you can disable pre-installed Google Play system apps through your device Settings. After a system app has been disabled, it will be hidden on your device.
Disable pre-installed system apps
- Go to your device's Settings menu.
- Select Apps.
- Touch the system app you’d like to disable.
- Select Disable.
Re-enable pre-installed system apps
If you’ve disabled an app and would like to enable it, you can find and re-enable the app using the following steps:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Swipe to view the list of All apps.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list to view disabled system apps.
- Touch the system app from the list that you’d like to enable.
- Select Enable.
Once a system app has been re-enabled, it can be viewed and opened from your main apps screen.