When books are available for purchase on Google Play before they’re released, they display a Pre-order button.
Here's how you can pre-order a book:
- Go to Google Play on your computer or open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for the book you'd like to pre-order.
- Click or touch Pre-order.
- Complete your transaction.
When pre-ordering a book, you will not be charged until your book is available to read in your library.
Track your pre-order
Once you’ve completed your pre-order, here’s how you can track your purchase before a book is released.
- A book’s detail page indicates that it's been pre-ordered and when it will be available.
- Pre-orders appear on your My Orders page.
- An email confirmation is sent to the account when making your purchase.
When your book is released, you’ll receive an email letting you know the book is available in your library.
Frequently asked questionsHow do I cancel my pre-order?
Using your computer
- Go to your My Orders page on Google Play.
- Next to your pre-ordered book, click the Menu icon.
- Click Cancel pre-order.
Using the Google Play Store app
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Visit the book’s detail page.
- Select the Cancel button.
You will receive a cancellation email after you've cancelled your order.
You can use a supported credit card or Google Play store credit. At this time, you can't use direct carrier billing to place a pre-order.
A placeholder for your pre-ordered book appears in your library on the web, but it won't appear on your Google Play Books app until the book is available. Once the book is released, the full copy will be available in your library on your computer and mobile device.
In some cases, publishers change prices or release dates. When there is a price or date change, the book can’t be purchased with its original price or release date.
When a price or release date changes, we will send you an email to inform you and cancel your pre-order as a precaution. You will not be charged for your pre-order. You can pre-order or purchase the book again if you'd like.
A pre-order may be cancelled if your original form of payment is declined. If you used Google Play Store credit as your form of payment for your pre-order, your order will be canceled if you don't have sufficient credit in your account when the book is released.