Buy & download books from Google Play
Explore available books on Google Play Books and purchase books to read on your electronic device.
Get books to read
You can’t make Google Play purchases with an iPhone or iPad. However, you can download books you bought on another device or read free samples of books.
Find a book you bought on another device
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Play Books app .
- At the top left, tap Menu My Library . Books you bought on the Google Play Books websitesync to your library.
Find free samples of books
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet.
- Open the Google Play Books app .
- At the top left, tap Menu . Then, choose an action.
- To see books recommended for you, tap Read now . Then, scroll down.
- To see articles and videos about books, tap Discover .
- Tap a book you’re interested in.
- To start reading, tap Free sample.
Once you download a book, you can read it anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection.
Download using Wi-Fi only
To avoid data charges, you can download books using Wi-Fi only. To turn this feature on or off:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Books.
- Turn on the "Cellular data" option.
Rachel is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.