Buy & download books from Google Play
Explore available books on Google Play Books and purchase books to read on your electronic device.
Browse for & buy books
- Open Google Play Books.
- Search for a book or browse recommendations.
- To get more info about a book, click the cover.
- To buy the book, click the price, then click Buy.
Download books to read offline
To download Google Play books for offline reading, you'll need the Google Chrome browser and the free Play Books extension.
Note: These instructions only work for books in EPUB format.
Download books to your computer
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet.
- Open Chrome .
- At the top left, click Apps .
- Open the Play Books Chrome app.
- Move your mouse over the book you want to download.
- Next to "Make available offline," check the box.
See which devices a book will work with
- Search for a book in the Google Play Books store. Or, find a book in your library and click More About this book.
- Scroll to the "Additional information" section.
- Find the "Best for" section. Supported devices are listed.
- If more than one kind of device is listed, choose your favorite device.
- If only one kind of device appears, the book only works on that device.