Abuse & unauthorized charges
For a full review of Google Wallet policies, please read Google Wallet's Terms of Service.
Unauthorized Google Play charges
Our fraud protection policy covers you against any unauthorized purchases that were made with your Google Account. If we find that an unauthorized purchase was made, we'll make sure you aren't charged for it. If you see charges for purchases on Google Play that you did not make, follow these steps:
- Confirm the charge originated from Google Play (all purchases made on Google Play will appear on your billing statement as GOOGLE*App developer name (for Android apps) or GOOGLE*content type (i.e., GOOGLE*Music).
If the charge in question did not appear as described above, it did not come from Google Play - contact your card-issuing bank for more information on reporting the charge.
- Check with members of your household to see if they made the purchase or whether a child may have been playing a game that may have resulted in accidental charges.
If this is the case and the charge was unauthorized and accidental but not an act of fraud, contact the Google Play support team for further assistance.
- If you’ve checked with household members and confirmed no one has made purchases, accidental or otherwise, and you’re still unable to recognize the charges, report the charges to the Google Wallet team within 60 days of the transaction.
Privacy and security
Google takes the privacy of your information seriously. Your payment information and shipping addresses can be saved in your Google Account to make future purchases more convenient and secure. We guarantee that:
- Your account information is stored on our secure servers.
- Your purchase information is encrypted during transmission with industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
- Google does not share your full credit card number with Android app developers.
- Google won't disclose personally identifiable information about your Transactions to advertisers or merchants.
At this time, it isn't possible to edit or delete items from your transactions. We hope this section of your account will serve as a useful record of all your online purchases.
Saving/Removing payment information
If you don't want to save your payment information in your Google Account, you can delete it after making a purchase. Keep in mind that your payment information must be saved in your Google Account if you are expecting a refund.