If you find charges you don’t recognize on your Google Account or payment method, click the troubleshooter below:
Check if charges are from Google Play
- On your billing statement, check how the charges appear. All Google Play purchases will appear on your statement, under the following names:
- "GOOGLE*App developer name" (for Android apps)
- "GOOGLE*App name" (for Android apps)
- "GOOGLE*Content type" (i.e. "GOOGLE*Books")
- If the charge in question isn't in one of these formats, it didn't come from Google Play. Contact your payment provider (for example, bank or card-issuer) for more information.
Important: If you suspect a family member or friend made the purchases, you may be eligible for a refund. For Google Play transactions, you can request a refund.Request a refund for an accidental purchase in the Google Play store
To get a refund if the charge was made accidentally by a friend or family member, follow the steps below:
- Go to play.google.com.
- At the top right, click your Profile picture.
- Click Payments & subscriptions Budget & order history.
- For the order you want to return, click Report a problem.
- Select the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you'd like a refund.
- Click Submit.
Tip: To help prevent unauthorized charges, learn how to use password protection on your device.
Check the status of your report
- Go to the “Report unauthorized purchases” form above.
- Select Check your claim status.