Connectivity requirements for Google Play
We recommend using Google Play and the Google Play Store app when you have a strong Internet connection, either using Wi-Fi or mobile data.
If you're having trouble accessing the Google Play Store app on your mobile device, here are a few common signs that your device isn’t connected properly.
- Downloads don't start or remain at 0%.
- Downloads complete using Wi-Fi but not mobile data, or vice versa.
- Your downloads consistently time out.
- You can’t sign in to Hangouts.
- Google Play is stuck on "Loading..."
- Your Google Account isn’t syncing.
If you think you're having connectivity issues with your network, contact your mobile or Internet service provider.
- Check if firewalls are blocking access to ports required by Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228).
- Restart your router and mobile device.
- Turn Airplane mode on and off.
Shana is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.