Fix issues with Google Play Newsstand
If you're having issues with the Google Play Newsstand app, these troubleshooting steps may help.
My Newsstand app is crashing or content won't load
If the Newsstand app closes, shuts down, or specific content is blank, clear your cache and data on the Google Play Newsstand app. You'll have to download any Newsstand content saved on your device again.
I don't see the latest magazine issue available on Google Play
There can sometimes be brief delays with new issues becoming available, so we'd recommend checking again in 24 hours.
My magazine isn't displaying correctly
If you downloaded a magazine to your device and it's missing pages or certain pages aren't loading, try the following.Step 1: Remove and re-download the magazine
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Newsstand app .
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Library.
- Next to the magazine saved on your device, look for a Checkmark .
- On the magazine, tap More Remove download.
- Tap More Download for offline reading.
- View your magazine again. If it still isn't displaying correctly, go to step 2.
If your device has a strong Internet connection, clear your cache and data on the Google Play Newsstand app. You'll have to download any Newsstand content saved on your device again.
I don't see my purchased magazines
Here's what to do if you purchased a magazine on the Google Play Store but it's not appearing in the Google Play Newsstand app on your device.Check your account
If you're not seeing a magazine you bought on your Google Play Newsstand app, you might have purchased the issue or subscription using a different Google Account.
To check the account you're using on Google Play Newsstand:
- Open Google Play Newsstand .
- Tap Menu .
- At the top of the main menu, you'll see which account you're using.
- To select a different account, tap the Down arrow .
My news feed is outdated
If your newsfeed or library isn't updating and you're seeing old articles in the Play Newsstand app, try refreshing.Refresh your news feed
- Open the Google Play Newsstand app .
- Swipe down on the screen to refresh your feed.
Andrea is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.