To start downloading and buying items on the Google Play Store app, you need to add a Google Account on your device. You can repeat the steps below to add multiple accounts to your device.
Add one or multiple Google Accounts
- If you haven't already, set up a Google Account.
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Accounts Add account Google.
- Follow the instructions to add your account.
- If needed, repeat steps to add multiple accounts.
Tip: To help prevent accidental or unauthorised purchases, use password protection on your device.
Use and manage your accounts
If you have multiple accounts, you can choose which account that you're using. These instructions will work for the Google Play apps.
Switch accounts in a Google Play app
- Open a Google Play app.
- At the top right, tap your profile picture or initial.
- Tap the Down arrow .
- Select an account.
Switch accounts on the Google Play website on a mobile device
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) and then go to
- At the top left, tap Menu .
- Next to your profile picture and name, tap Edit .
- Select a different account. If you don't see one of your accounts listed, tap Manage accounts.
Switch accounts on the Google Play website on a computer
- Go to play.google.com.
- In the top right, click on your profile picture.
- Select a different account. If you don't see one of your accounts listed, click Add account.
You can help protect your Google account and your Google Play purchases by adding account recovery options, like a backup email address or phone number. This helps us contact you if you ever forget your password or need help with your account.
The Google Account Help Centre has all the information that you need to:
Watch a video
To turn on subtitles: Select Settings Subtitles/CC your language.
Fix account and sign-in problems
If you can't sign in or are having other account issues, you can get help with account problems.